I was brainstorming ideas the other day on what I want this blog to be about. The original plan was to have this be a place where I share my stories and experiences over the years traveling and doing photography, travel tips and cool spots to explore. All that good stuff. Those things will definitely be a part of this, and I think it will be amazing to look back at posts about my photography journey. However, as I wrote my first blog post, “Why Chase Stories?” (please read that before continuing) it made me think more about the meaning behind Chase Stories. Some key points that stuck out were these:
- Everyone in some shape or form struggles with something whether it be an internal struggle dealing with anxiousness, self doubt, depression, or tangible external circumstances like living situations and money at some point in their life.
- The importance of saying yes and choosing to act.
- Small actions create a chain reaction that lead to large life moments and achievements.
- Appreciating our life journey and the big and small moments that are created because we chose to say yes.
- The community that is built because we chose to follow our passions and chase our dreams.
Reflecting on my journey, I began to think, there must be other people who have gone through something similar. People that are in different stages of their life journey and may be in the middle of discovering or chasing their own passions and dreams. Then an idea popped into my head. Over the years I’ve been incredibly blessed and fortunate to have been presented with many different opportunities and through those have created friendships with people of such diverse backgrounds and passions. How cool would it be to reconnect with these incredible people and share their story in hopes that others who may be able to relate and feel inspired to chase stories. These conversations would share the hardships and how they got through them, discovering their passion, what actions they are taking or have taken to chase their dreams, and their hopes for the future.
I’ve spent the last couple days reaching out to friends and it’s been awesome to see how open they have been to sharing their story and passions. I can’t wait for you all to see them and create a community where we encourage and support each other as we chase our stories. To whoever is reading this, I would love to share your story as well. Everyone’s story is unique and there is something we can learn from everyone so feel free to reach out if you’d like to be a part of this as well!